Day 15 of the 30 day Blog Challenge and I have learned so much.
I have managed to write every day – even though several times near midnight, even dealt with the whole thing on my blackberry writing the text in memo pad and copy pasting into Word Press on the blackberry screen!
I even received a text accolade from my son when I managed to take the ‘short link’ and post on twitter AND facebook. His shock and pleasure at my grasp of technology and social media was great to receive! It made me laugh out loud that when I suggested I wanted to know how to post photos too on my blackberry/ facebook that I received a prompt “not so fast, don’t get too big for your boots!”
Could it be that I might get too good for him! Challenging his generation’s way of connecting. I guess maybe I am getting into a style not desirable for a grandma?
This is a new age – for us all – and those who desire to be anything they want to be, can be.
At this half way mark I have discovered:
• We can learn everything we want, when we want, at any age we want – if we want!
• The most daunting task is not so once mastered; it appears to get simpler as we practice.
• The habit of anything takes practice – writing is available to anyone. Desire is the key ingredient.
• Its fun, it’s friendly, it’s rewarding, its mind stretching, its growth…
• The whole series could be chapters of a book.
• To be “retweeted” is extraordinarily wonderful complimentary and gives one a feel good factor!
• To be “retweeted” by complete strangers is even better!!
• The more I continue, the more I learn, the more I grow, the more I feel I am a writer after all.
The last point is poignant as at school I hated spelling classes, not least because I couldn’t spell. I have always felt I am a wee bit dyslexic if that is possible. Anyway, I soon decided that as I couldn’t spell, I wouldn’t read much, or write much that was to be examined. I was really good at Maths and numbers gave me no problem, so I steered away from the WORDS bit!
So I left school with the minimum O level English, in the written language experience, and vowed never to write a book – or indeed read too many. Curiously I wrote a detailed diary instead and of course made hundreds of mistakes where never read as no one got near that book. As I review my life, I realize how that decision that I was no good with words nearly thwarted my author potential!
My book is coming !
Always know desire and learning create magic, and watch this space for my book called ‘Who’s in Charge’ a story book about men and women and now we struggle to recognize there’s more than one type of each. Six characters, 3 men and 3 women, come together to solve a problem and save the world from disaster. Their journey charts a dynamic course from chaos to clearing, from battles to buddies, from distrusting each other to dancing together as they forge a new way to be who they need to be.
Do they transform and save our world? Watch, wait and wonder!